Orange Cornmeal PancakesSubmitted by: TREKHAPPI
IntroductionRecipe from Women's Health Magazine. A Family Favorite!! Recipe from Women's Health Magazine. A Family Favorite!!
1/3 c. whole-grain cornmeal
3/4 c. boiling water
1/2 c. orange juice
2 Tbsp sugar
zest of 1 orange
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
2. Whisk in juice, then beat in egg, sugar, and zest until blended.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients to cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in oil and vanilla.
5. Heat nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron griddle or skillet over medium heat. When griddle is hot enough that water droplets jump before evaporating. Ladle batter (3 tablespoons per pancake) onto griddle. Cook until edges are dry and tops are covered with bubbles, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
6. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on second side and cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serving Size: 3 - 4 inch pancakes. Recipe makes 9 pancakes.
Number of Servings: 3.5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TREKHAPPI.