Wild Mushroom RisotoSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionI love this Risoto recipe!
Recipe from: Food Network's Robin Miller, Rice to the Rescue I love this Risoto recipe!
Recipe from: Food Network's Robin Miller, Rice to the Rescue
2 t Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
6 C Wild Shitake or Cremini Mushrooms
1 t Dried Thyme
2 C Cooked Arborio Rice
1 c Low Sodium Beef or Chicken Broth
2 C Fresh Asparagus Spears
1/2 Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 T Fresh Parsley Leaves
Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Cook your rice as per directions on the package.
2. Chop the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
3. Finely chop the garlic. parsley and shallots.
4. And slice your mushrooms
5. Grate the Parmesan Cheese
1. Using a Dutch Oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and shallots and saute until they wilt.
3. Add mushrooms. Saute until they are tender.
4. Add thyme and cook for a minute, until fragrant.
5. Add rice and asparagus.
6. Gradually add broth.
7. Bring the mushroom and rice to a simmer.
8. Simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add Parmesan Cheese.
10. Add chopped parsley.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with a side salad.
Serving Size: 4