Chocolate Chip BiscottiSubmitted by: EVASAGER
IntroductionDunking Cookie Dunking Cookie
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1 oz mini chocolate chips, about 3 Tbsp
1 cup splenda
.5 cup egg beaters
1 tsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 325Â°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir just until moistened and dough forms. Shape the dough into a 13- by 3-inch log on baking sheet.
4. Bake log 30 minutes and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 300Â°F.
5. Cut warm log crosswise on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices. Stand slices, about an inch apart, on baking sheet and return to oven for 12 minutes. The centers will be soft, but biscotti will crisp when cooled.
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EVASAGER.