Baked Potato SoupSubmitted by: ACWITZEL
IntroductionTastes just like a baked potato, without the guilt! Tastes just like a baked potato, without the guilt!
6 med potatoes, cubed, i used yukon gold
3 slices bacon, chopped and crisped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3C nonfat milk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
3 tbsp fresh chives or green onions
6 tbsp low fat sprinkle cheese
2. in large pot render bacon until crispy. reserve meat and discard of fat. wipe pot clean.
3. add cooking spray to pot and saute onions for 8 min
4. add garlic and saute for 30sec to 1 min
5. add mustard and coat the veggies, stirring continuously.
6. add milk and warm to just before the boil.
7. potatoes should be done about now. add them to the pot slowly to avoid splattering.
8. use immersion blender and blend until uniform texture. add more milk if necessary. if you do not have an immersion blender you can use a counter top blender.
9. spoon into bowls and top with 1tbsp each of sour cream, cheese, and chives, and bacon.
Serving Size: 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ACWITZEL.