Slow Cooker Chicken Pot PieSubmitted by: JENNLOVESROB
IntroductionNo, you don't have to turn your slow cooker upside down to enjoy this savory pot pie. Pop biscuits in the oven about 30 minutes before it's done, then serve the chicken mixture over the biscuits. Bottoms up! No, you don't have to turn your slow cooker upside down to enjoy this savory pot pie. Pop biscuits in the oven about 30 minutes before it's done, then serve the chicken mixture over the biscuits. Bottoms up!
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 lb - 5 pieces chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (2 medium stalks)
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken (98% Fat Free)
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs
- 2 1/4 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk, 1%
- 1 (14 oz) bag Birds Eye Classic Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Reynold's Slow Cooker Bag
This recipe is brought to you by Betty Crocker.
- Place bag in slow cooker, this makes clean-up a breeze, however, not the easiest way to get left overs out as you are not to lift the bag before contents has cooled.
- Place chicken in 3.5 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Mix soups in bowl and add onion powder and black pepper. Mix until smooth; pour over chicken.
- Place chopped celery over gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
- While biscuits are cooking, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture, breaking meat apart as well. Increase heat setting to HIGH. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 1 cup of chicken mixture on top.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNLOVESROB.
Great Stories from around the Web
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This is a keeper! Thanks! Instead of Bisquick, I used Pillsbury Grands ( Flaky ), and to adjust for the calories, I used white meat and also added 1 extra can reg. Cream of Chx soup as suggested by another. Perfect consistency and it only upped the calories to about 287. Well worth it!! - 2/27/09
Instead of Bisquick i used Grand's canned biscuits and I also cooked the biscuits right on top of the filling. ( I used chicken that was precooked and added veggies early about 2 hours before you are ready to serve place biscuits across the filling and turn the cooker on high and put lid back on. - 1/16/08
I used 4 chicken thighs (a little over 1 lb, according to my food scale). It was done in 5 hours on the low setting in the Rival Crockpot I purchased earlier this year. The chicken came out so moist and tender, it fell off the bone! I served it over Grands buttermilk biscuits. Sooo good! :) - 10/15/09
I made this recipe Wednesday night and YUMMMMMMM is all i can say! I made a few minor modifications: rotisserie(sp) chicken, wheat instant biscuits, and added onions. OMG - heaven in a slow-cooker. I'm glad to have learned of this recipe b/c i thought i was chili-bound this winter again. - 11/11/08
Husband loved it and asked for seconds! used 1 can cream of chicken, 2 low sodium cream of mushroom. Big bag of mixed veggies, minced garlic and some italian seasoning and pinch of thyme. Used trimmed chicken thighs, which I broke apart. Cut pillsbury grands in half and served over. - 11/23/10
WONDERFUL comfort food! My alteration was: 1 package of boneless skinless chicken thighs, 2 cans (healthy version) of cream of chicken, 1 can of chicken with herbs, 1 can of cream of mushroom. Lightly season: garlic,thyme, celery seed. Added frozen vegetables 45 min. before serving. LOVED IT:KEEPER! - 1/9/10