- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 121.5
- Total Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 283.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
Triple Chocolate Chunk MuffinsSubmitted by: TCLOUDERMILK
IntroductionThese come out moist and delicious, just like Vita-Top muffins, and they're only 120 calories each! These come out moist and delicious, just like Vita-Top muffins, and they're only 120 calories each!
1 3/4 c oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (OR you could use white chocolate OR peanut butter chips!)
*Foil cupcake liners, remove the inner paper lining (I say foil, because from experience, paper liners tend to stick to muffins!)
2. In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
3. Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
4. Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but dont shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the VitaTop Muffin look with the chocolate chips on top!
6. Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
Serving Size: makes 12 big muffins
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TCLOUDERMILK.