- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 233.6
- Total Fat: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 119.8 mg
- Sodium: 483.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 23.4 g
Healthy Spinach Quiche: High Protein, Low CarbSubmitted by: HEATHERJCURRAN
IntroductionHealthy quiche that doesn't need a crust. My husband says it is better than the fattening one I used to buy in the Deli section of the grocery store! Healthy quiche that doesn't need a crust. My husband says it is better than the fattening one I used to buy in the Deli section of the grocery store!
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Red Pepper, diced
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, diced
- 2 Eggs, cage free, medium brown
- 2 Servings Egg-beaters with yolk (1/2 cup)
- 1 Cup Skim Milk (Stonyfield Organic)
- 1/2 Cup Soy Flour (Hodgson Mills)
- 1 Cup 1% milk fat cottage cheese (Fiber One)
- 3 Tbsp margarine (Best Life Buttery Spread)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded part skim reduced-fat Mozarella
2. Grease 9 inch x 1 1/2 inch deep pie plate (I used Pam Olive Oil Spray).
3. Boil spinach till slightly wilted then drain.
4. Mix all ingredients (except shredded Mozarella) in large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer. (It will be lumpy).
5. Pour into pie plate and sprinkle with shredded Mozarella.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes, till edges are brown.
7. Remove from oven and let stand for 3-4 minutes. Cut into 4 slices and serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 of a 9 inch pie
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HEATHERJCURRAN.