Doughnuts BakedSubmitted by: PURPLEHEARTS78
Introductionadapted from King Arthur website adapted from King Arthur website
14 tbsp White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup splenda
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
3 tbsp apple sauce
2) In a separate bowl, beat eggs substitute, apple sauce and yogurt until foamy.
3) Pour the liquid ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
4) Butter or grease the doughnut pan; non-stick pan spray works well here. Note: even though the pan is non-stick, since the doughnuts are low-fat they may stick unless you grease the pan first. Fill each doughnut form half full.
5) Bake the doughnuts in a preheated 375°F oven for 8 to 12 minutes. When done, they'll spring back when touched lightly, and will be quite brown on the top.
6) Remove the doughnuts from the oven, remove them from the pan, and allow them to cool on rack. Glaze with icing, or coat with cinnamon-sugar or any non-melting sugar.
Serving Size: 6