Slow Cooker Ham, Green Beans, Bacon, and Potatoes
- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 248.3
- Total Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 33.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,668.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
IntroductionSo easy when you want something that tastes like it took lots of effort, and it can also be made on the stove top after work for a warm, filling meal. You can use fresh ingredients, but this is something I threw together on a whim. Adjust to your liking, and may I suggest a side salad :) So easy when you want something that tastes like it took lots of effort, and it can also be made on the stove top after work for a warm, filling meal. You can use fresh ingredients, but this is something I threw together on a whim. Adjust to your liking, and may I suggest a side salad :)
1 39 oz can green beans and potatos (Hanover)
12 oz. ham steak (Smithfield)
1 can cream of mushroom (Great Value 98% Fat Free 10.5 oz can)
4 slices of fully cooked bacon (Great Value)
1 teaspoon minced garlic (Spice World)
3 TBSP chopped onion
1 cup fat free milk
You don't have to use the brands I used, but I put them on the list in parenthesis so you can see where my calories were coming from. If you make it on the stove top, just stir occasionally until it is warm throughout. And you can skip sauteing if you want, and just throw all ingredients together.
**I would have used turkey bacon, but I didn't have any on hand at the time.
2. Cut ham into cubes and saute until warm on both sides (about 1 min. per side)
3. Drain the can of green beans and potatoes and place in slow cooker/pot along with cream of mushroom, milk, ham, and bacon. Stir until cream of mushroom is smooth and broken up.
4. Saute garlic and onion until just brown (if you don't like onion and/or garlic, you don't have to use them, but do substitute half a cup of the broth from the green beans and potatoes for half a cup of milk to give it some more flavor).
5. For slow cooker, turn on low and cook for about 2-3 hours, or just until it is mixed well and warm (I let it cook on low for about 4 hours, and it turned out fine, but less time wouldn't hurt it).
6. For stove top, cook on medium-high heat for about 30 minutes or just until mixed well and warm.
**Remember, everything is already cooked, so cooking time is just for everything to warm up and blend well. Add seasonings to taste.
Serving Size: 5 1-cup