Boing Chocolate CakeSubmitted by: HANNYMUFFIN
IntroductionIs it angel food cake, is it a sinfully delicious chocolate cake, is it low fat and low carb? The answer is yes! To all of the above. Great alone or with frosting. Is it angel food cake, is it a sinfully delicious chocolate cake, is it low fat and low carb? The answer is yes! To all of the above. Great alone or with frosting.
4 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup concentrated apple juice
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 1/2 cup whole grain white flour
2. In a stand mixer or bowl/hand mixer, break open and separate the eggs so just the white are in the bowl.
3. Mix the eggs on high until frothy and without stopping the mixer slowly add the sugar
4. Once mix is whipped and cloud-like add the apple juice, cocoa and baking powder and continue to mix at medium
5. Add oil and yogurt and continue mixing
6. Add flour, mix in mixer, then scrape edges and stir by hand so everything in incorporated
7. In greased pans (muffin, cake or brownie) pour mix, it should be no higher than half of the depth of pan as it will expand substantially
8. Bake for 30 minutes
9. Let cool
10. Frost and enjoy
Serving Size: 16 medium cupcakes, one 8-slize round or square cake, 16 brownies
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HANNYMUFFIN.