Pecan PieSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionRecipe is from a Texan friend who gave it to me in exchange for a large bag of Pecans over 30 years ago. Recipe is from a Texan friend who gave it to me in exchange for a large bag of Pecans over 30 years ago.
1 Cup Karo Syrup, Light
1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Eggs, Lg
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
1.5 Cups Pecan Halves
1 Pie Shell, 9 inch unbaked
After pouring into the Unbaked Pie Shell I usually turn all the Pecan Halves over so they all look the same.
Toward the end of baking, if necessary, I will place a sheet of aluminum over the pie so the edges do not brown too much or burn.
2. Add Karo Syrup to Egg & Sugar mixture.
3. Add Vanilla and Salt.
4. Add Pecans and mix everything together well.
5. Pour into Unbaked Pie Crust.
6. Bake in preheated 400ºF for 10 minutes.
7. Lower temp to 350ºF and continue baking for 35 minutes.
Serving Size: 8
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.