- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 309.6
- Total Fat: 23.1 g
- Cholesterol: 126.1 mg
- Sodium: 28.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
Jamaicamama's Famous Chocolate TorteSubmitted by: SECRETFUN
IntroductionA friend's famous chocolate torte if she is being BAD. It is quite rich and satisfying so a little bit satisfies. It comes out for special dates at our house and does not need icing; maybe a tiny amount of vanilla ice cream. A friend's famous chocolate torte if she is being BAD. It is quite rich and satisfying so a little bit satisfies. It comes out for special dates at our house and does not need icing; maybe a tiny amount of vanilla ice cream.
14 1/2 tbsp. high butterfat, non-salted butter
3 tbsp flour (any all purpose type)
7 oz bittersweet chocolate (preferably Valrhona 71% cacao) chopped
3/4 c. sugar
5 eggs, room temp., separated
I do not turn this out of the pan. I just serve it from the pie plate.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
1. Take the 1/2 tbsp of butter and butter 9" pie dish, dust w/1 tbsp of flour, tapping out excess. Set Aside.
2. Cut remaining butter into small pieces. Melt butter and chocolate together in a medium bowl set over a pot of simmering water of medium/low heat, stirring occasionally w/a wooden spoon.
3. Remove bowl from heat and stir in sugar, then remaining flour, then the eggs yolks. Stirring until well combined. Set aside to let cool briefly.
4. Beat egg whites w/an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (1.5-3 minutes). Using rubber spatula/spoonula, fold one-third of egg whites at a time into mixture.
5. Pour final batter into prepared pie pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. With vanilla ice cream if you feel the urge.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SECRETFUN.