Awesome Corn ChowderSubmitted by: BEHINDALENS
IntroductionTasty Corn Chowder.
I have no real recipe so you may have to tweek to your liking. Please forgive my instruction. If you have an questions feel free to ask. Tasty Corn Chowder.
I have no real recipe so you may have to tweek to your liking. Please forgive my instruction. If you have an questions feel free to ask.
3 medium/large potatoes
2 chicken stock cubes - the new gelatin kind
8-10 cups water - enough to cover your potatoes and a little more
Package of Bacon
1 small onion
1 can evaporated milk
2 large cans of creamed corn
1 large can of niblets or peaches n cream cord
3/4 cup of flour
1 1/2 cups of half and half cream
ms dash table blend
2.dice bacon and fry in frying pan, add onion, cook till browned, drain, layout on a plate with paper towel and pat off excess bacon fat.
3. Once potatoes become "soft" add bacon and onion, stir, add all corn and stir. Turn down soup to medium
4. Add can of evaporated milk
5. Add seasoning, taste, adjust as needed.
6. whisk, shake, blend ect. flour into half and half. Stir into soup.
7. Turn up heat. Stirring softly until boiling to cook out the flour.
Serving Size: makes 12+ 2 cup servings
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BEHINDALENS.