- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 177.5
- Total Fat: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
- Sodium: 248.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 26.8 g
Cilantro lime roast pork (Cuban)Submitted by: ANGELA3511
IntroductionThis makes a wonderful roast pork loin with cilantro lime (Cuban-style) marinade. I'm not Cuban, I just wish I was. This makes a wonderful roast pork loin with cilantro lime (Cuban-style) marinade. I'm not Cuban, I just wish I was.
2 lb. trimmed pork loin roast
1/2 cup lime juice (no sugar added)
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
3 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro (or equivalent of the refrigerated cilantro paste)
Pork roast sizes and instructions can vary, so follow the cooking directions on your pork roast.
Leftovers (if any survive!) make a wonderful Cuban sandwich the next day!
Serve with Cuban beans and rice for a fantastic meal.
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
* Add pork loin and turn several times to coat thoroughly.
* Marinate for 4-6 hours (longer marinade time = stronger flavor), turning the meat once or twice.
* Roast uncovered at 350 deg. F for ~25 min. per pound of pork roast (so 50 minutes for a 2 lb. pork roast)
* Let rest 5-7 minutes before slicing.
* Serve with a spoonful of marinade.
Serving Size: 6 4-oz servings
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANGELA3511.