- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 292.8
- Total Fat: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 64.2 mg
- Sodium: 614.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
Purple Potato and pumpkin ballsSubmitted by: MATRONSON14
3 purple yams
1 medium size sweet pumpkin
2 cup bread crumbs
1 mozzarella cheese stick, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 mild cheddar stick, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
4 Tablesppons soy milk
For kids, or if youíre not worry about calories- dip the balls in a bowl of oil and bake them. It really enhanced the taste. Our kids liked them lot more.
Recipe taken from: http://mistyyoon.com/2010/02/26/baked-purple-potato-pumpkin-croquette오븐-고구마-호박-고로케/
2. Beat in the 2 tablespoons of soy milk, until smooth. Set aside.
(Option: For richer taste, add 2 oz cream cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. ( didnít use today))
3. I like to put the pumpkin in the micro oven for 4-5 minutes before I cut. (for safety) Cut into 4 pieces~ then cook pumpkin pieces either steam in micro oven or steam in the pot.
4. Beat in the 2 tablespoons until smooth. ( make sure itís not too thick or thin, just enough to work)
5. Cut cheese sticks to about 1/4 inch
6. Make 3/4 inch balls with either purple potato or pumpkin.
7. Place cheese peices in the center of the balls
8. Cover the cheese and make smooth balls.
9. Cover second layer with either pumpkin or potato
10. drop in egg & roll in the crumbs and bake
11. Place the bread crumbs and egg in separate shallow bowls.Drop balls in egg , then roll in crumbs.
12. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400 for 18 Ė 20 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 6ish balls
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MATRONSON14.