Pear, Walnut, and Roquefort Cheese Salad
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionA delicious salad that brings together many flavors. A delicious salad that brings together many flavors.
Ingredients for vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups salad greens
2. Arrange salad greens on six plates. Toss pear slices with the 2 tablespoons of orange juice then divide pears and onion slices among the salad plates on top of greens.
3. Top each serving evenly with crumbled Roquefort cheese and walnuts.
4. Drizzle each plate with vinaigrette to desired amount.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County