Roasted VeggiesSubmitted by: MAKLOR
IntroductionThe pear cinnamon balsamic gives these veggies a wonderful zing! I get this from a place called Taste of Oils in Coronado, CA, but I have also used regular aged balsamic.
Sweet Potato is a nice addition to this too. The pear cinnamon balsamic gives these veggies a wonderful zing! I get this from a place called Taste of Oils in Coronado, CA, but I have also used regular aged balsamic.
Sweet Potato is a nice addition to this too.
6-7 - small Yukon & Red Potatoes
2 - stalks celery
5 - crimini mushrooms [large]
1 - cup - brussels sprouts
1tsp - Garlic powder
1tsp - pepper
Rosemary - freshly ground to taste
1 tsp - Mrs. Dash
1 tblsp -Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tblsp - Pear Cinnamon balsamic vinegar
8 - grape tomatoes
If you use a full size oven these times may be shorter. I like the toaster oven because it doesn't heat the house (a plus in San Diego!) and it is more fuel efficient.
Play with the seasoning and add other veggies ... sweet potatoes are wonderful and zucchini is nice but add late like the tomatoes.
2. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces...(if they are the
"baby" kind cut in half)
3. Cut celery, mushrooms and brussels sprouts in the
same way. Cut tomatoes in half.
4. Place potatoes and onions in vegetable bag - season
and add olive oil - shake to coat with seasoning
5. Place in small oven roasting pan [I use a toaster oven]
which is warmed to 425.
6. Place remaining vegetables in bag - add seasoning as
above stir into the roasting pan after potatoes have
cooked 30 minutes. [ or when they are about 1/2
7. 15 minutes later - add 1tblsp balsamic vinegar. Stir
and add tomatoes
8. When potatoes are done - are easily pricked with fork
stir in the other tblsp of balsamic and enjoy
Serving Size: Makes 4 -servings [@ 3/4 cup each]
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAKLOR.