Blackened ChickenSubmitted by: RELIGIGEEK
IntroductionDelicious spicy blackened chicken with less salt than normal! Makes a good topper for a salad or meat on a sandwich. Delicious spicy blackened chicken with less salt than normal! Makes a good topper for a salad or meat on a sandwich.
3 teaspoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Make sure you get your pan incredibly hot! The chicken breasts should come off the pan partially blackened.
2. Halve the chicken breasts.
3. Mix together seasonings well. Pour onto a plate.
4. Take a chicken breast half and spray well with cooking spray. Coat the chicken breast in the seasoning. It should be completely covered.
5. Repeat step 4 for the remaining breasts.
6. Cook chicken breasts for 1 minute on each side in the pot. Transfer to a baking pan.
7. Cook chicken breasts for 30 minutes in the oven or until they are completely cooked.
8. Serve with your favorite side dish, or on a salad or sandwich.
Serving Size: 6
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RELIGIGEEK.