- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 217.4
- Total Fat: 12.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 187.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
Three Sisters Salad ~ Native American DishSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionDelicious! Enjoy this light fresh vegetable salad dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper! Delicious! Enjoy this light fresh vegetable salad dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper!
2 Tbs Fresh Lemon juice
1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 can Garbanzo or Black, Red or Kidney Beans
2 Fresh Zucchini
1 c Frozen (thawed) Corn
1/2 Red Onion
1 bag Romaine Lettuce, tear into strips
1 oz Fresh Parmesan Cheese
I found the picture of this recipe at: www.thepharmgirl.blogspot.com
2. Mix together fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Open a can of beans of garbanzo beans. Use any bean of your choice, Black Beans, Kidney, Great White Northern, Red Beans, etc...
4. Pour beans into a collandar pan and rinse under cold running water. Drain and add to a mixing bowl.
5. Wash the zucchini and dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
6. Finely dice the red onion and add it to the bowl with the zucchini and lettuce.
7. Add the lemon, olive oil dressing to the bowl.
8. Toss and refrigerate until ready to use.
To serve, Place on individual plates and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Serving Size: 4