Lemon Blueberry BreadSubmitted by: KDJ1202
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk 1%
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)*
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 more tbsp of powdered sugar
- original recipe calls for 1/4 cup of regular sugar for the glaze, but reviews recommended using the powdered sugar.
- The glaze is very runny, but I use all of it on the bread -- it makes it super moist.
- Bread freezes beautifully
- In a mixing bowl beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, juice, and eggs
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; stir into egg mixture, alternately with milk
- Fold in lemon zest, nuts, and blueberries and pour into prepared pan
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Remove bread from pan and drizzle/brush with glaze. Cool on a wire rack
Serving Size: makes 12 servings
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KDJ1202.