Karen's Philly ChiliSubmitted by: KARENMON
IntroductionLow Fat, Filling & loaded with protein & fiber! Low Fat, Filling & loaded with protein & fiber!
2 lbs extra lean ground beef or turkey (or combination)
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped fine or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 3-4 large chopped fresh tomatoes
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
1 teaspoon salt
cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (I start out with a few shakes)
To serve (not calculated in nutritional info):
sharp cheddar cheese (optional) or Mexican blend cheese (optional) or monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
chopped raw onions (optional)
sour cream (optional)
1. Brown meat over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven and drain any grease.
2. Add Onion and Garlic and when transparent, add Chili Powder.
3. Cook about 5 minutes and then add remaining ingredients.
4. Simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency.
5. Serve with cheese, onions and sour cream for toppings if desired.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KARENMON.