- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 119.3
- Total Fat: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 15.4 mg
- Sodium: 119.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
BunnyBomb's Low Carb Chocolate BrowniesSubmitted by: BUNNYBOMB
IntroductionA low carb and low calorie alternative for chocolate brownies using Soy Flour, if you are dieting or watching your carb intake. A low carb and low calorie alternative for chocolate brownies using Soy Flour, if you are dieting or watching your carb intake.
4 tblsp Light Flora (melted)
1 Large Fresh Egg
2 Large Fresh Egg White's
1 1/2 cups Erythritol (powdered) or Granulated Splenda
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Neal's Yard Soy Flour
1/4 cup Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Cocoa unsweetened
pinch salt (optional)
Note : Watch them toward the end of cooking time to make sure they don't overcook, or they will become hard. Oven temperatures vary, so you will need to skewer them to test.
Note 2: If you don't care much about fat and want some added texture, add 3/4 cup of your favourite chopped nuts (i.e. brazil nuts for low carb), or even some lowcarb Belgian Chocolate.
Note 3: Not everyone likes the taste of Erythritol, as it gives a "cold" feeling in your mouth, so if you prefer you can use Splenda Granulated in the same quantity. The end result ends up being about the same in nutrition.
2. Line 13x9 inch cake tin with greese proof paper and grease fully with Light Flora spread or Flora Baking spray.
3. Beat egg and egg whites with Erythritol (or Granulated Splenda).
4. Add vanilla, soy flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cocoa, salt and melted flora.
5. Combine then spread in cake tin.
6. Bake for 30-40 mins until a skewer pricked into centre comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 mins then run a knife around edges & turn out.
8. Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
Serving Size: Makes 12 large brownies.