- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 221.3
- Total Fat: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 115.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 9.0 g
Spinach with Golden Raisins and Pine Nuts
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionCooked spinach gets some crunch to it. Cooked spinach gets some crunch to it.
- 1/2 cup plump golden raisins (may use regular raisins too)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 lbs. baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated lemon peel
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat then add pine nuts and sauté until they turn golden. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Stir in raisins and then add spinach leaves. Stir ingredients until spinach has wilted, about 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County