Fried Dill PicklesSubmitted by: DOUGSUBLETTE
1 24-oz. Jar Kosher Dill pickle spears or slices
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup hot sauce/wing sauce (personal preference)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 gallon Peanut oil (amount for your fryer)
2 cups fry mix (we used onion ring fry mix)
2. Marinate the pickles for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a dutch-oven or fryer, heat oil to 350°F.
4. Drain the pickles from the marinade.
5. Put the fry mix in a large mixing bowl and toss the pickles to coat thoroughly.
6. Shake off the excess mix by tossing lightly in a strainer and deep fry the pickles in batches for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the size of the spears/slices.
7. When golden brown, remove the pickles from the oil with a clean strainer or slotted metal spoon and place on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
Serve immediately for best results.
Serving Size: Makes approximately 3 servings
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DOUGSUBLETTE.