- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 176.6
- Total Fat: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 18.4 mg
- Sodium: 364.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
Manataka Acorn Bread ~ Traditional & Contemporary Native American RecipeSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionAcorn bread is a delicious, sweet, crumbly dessert bread that was introduced to Colonists by Native Americans. Acorn bread is a delicious, sweet, crumbly dessert bread that was introduced to Colonists by Native Americans.
1 C Acorn Meal
1 C Whole Grain Flour Flour
2 T Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
3 T Dark Brown Sugar or Splenda
1 Egg, beaten
1 C Milk
1T Canola Oil
1T Melted Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butter a loaf pan.
3. Melt butter
1. Sift together, acorn meal, white flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In separate bowl, mix together egg, oil and milk.
3. Gradually mix in melted butter.
4. Combine dry and liquid ingredients.
5. Stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients but do not overmix, the batter will be a bit lumpy.
6. Whisk in melted butter
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
Yield: 1 Loaf
Serving Size: 12