Pasta PrimaveraSubmitted by: TNEWTON2112
IntroductionThis makes a huge amount! You may want to cut it in half. I make two and freeze the second batch for a quick dinner another time. This makes a huge amount! You may want to cut it in half. I make two and freeze the second batch for a quick dinner another time.
2 boxes of Mueller's Whole Grain Penne
2 1lb8oz Jars of Ragu Sauteed Onion and Mushroom
2 cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Garlic
1lb raw carrots
8 oz baby bella mushrooms
2 tsp minced garlic
1 box Green Giant frozen spinach
15 oz Simply Kraft Reduced Fat Ricotta
Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil and Garlic Seasoning
2 cups Kraft Italian 5 Cheese Blend
2 cup Part Skim Mozzerella
I go ahead and portion sizes for leftovers. I put individual portions into small containers, and freeze them.
2) While pasta is cooking, put carrots in food processer. Chop until fine. Heat spinach in microwave.
3) Wisk 3/4 jar of Ragu and ricotta cheese together in a large bowl. When pasta is done, drain and combine with this mixture.
4) Heat olive oil in a pan, add carrots and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes until carrots become soft. Add mushrooms and 2 tbsp. Mrs. Dash and cook for another 5 minutes.
5) Split pasta mixture evenly into two 9x13 pans.
6) Evenly split spinach, remaining Ragu and carrot mixture into the two pans. Also put one can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup of Italian Cheese Blend in each pan. Mix well.
7) Place foil over pan and place one pan in oven for 35 minutes. At that point, uncover, add 1/2 cup of italian blend, and 1 cup of mozzerella to the top and bake for another 10 minutes.
8) While eating dinner, cook the second pan. You should get six even servings out of each pan.
Serving Size: 12
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TNEWTON2112.