- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 354.7
- Total Fat: 8.0 g
- Cholesterol: 58.5 mg
- Sodium: 1,431.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 31.9 g
Low Calorie Cheesy Chicken EnchiladasSubmitted by: CGONZALEZ1210
1.5 pounds of chicken
1 onion, chopped
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tspn dried oregano
1/2 tspn ground black pepper
1 tspn salt, or to taste
1 Tbsp chili powder
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bundle cilantro, chopped
1 8oz can/jar of taco sauce**
1 4oz can of green chilis
8-10 10" flour tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce**
1/4 cup low fat or fat free half and half
3/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
**I used mild taco sauce and green (or mild) enchilada sauce, however, you can purchase these in whatever combination you'd prefer: both sauces mild, both sauces hot, hot taco sauce, mild enchilada sauce, or vis-versa; serve your pallet!
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
Although it looks like a lot of ingredients, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and takes little effort. Can be assembled in advance, just don't pour the enchilada sauce until right before baking.
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place chicken in the water and cook thoroughly, about 25 minutes. After chicken is cooked, remove from water and shred by scraping the chicken with a fork or pulling the meat apart with your fingers.
2) In a large skillet, heat some olive oil and saute the onions just until they are clear. Add the shredded chicken, sour cream, cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, and black pepper. Stir until everything is combined and heat until the cheese begins to melt (about two minutes).
3) Stir in the salt, taco sauce, chilli powder, green chilis, and 3/4 of the chopped cilantro. Mix again until everything is well combined.
4) Roll even amounts of the mixture into the tortillas and arrange in a greased 9x13 pan.
5) In a separate bowl, mix the enchilada sauce and the half and half along with the remaining cilantro. Pour enchilada sauce mixture over the assembled and arranged enchiladas. Sprinkle the Mexican blend cheese on top to cover the enchiladas.
6) Cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
Serving Size: Serves 8-10 people, with each person having one enchilada
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CGONZALEZ1210.