Gluten-Free Banana BreadSubmitted by: D281950
4 or 5 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
I used spray on pans rather than oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly.
3. Add mashed bananas, sugar, applesauce and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Meanwhile, melt coconut oil gently on stove top.
5. Add to wet mixture, flours and salt and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are moist.
6. Fold in melted coconut oil, mixing just until it is blended in.
7. Pour batter evenly into 2 greased loaf pans.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until bread is no longer wet in the middle. Use a toothpick or the touch test to gauge doneness.
9. Remove from pans after about 10 minutes and cool on wire racks.
Serving Size: Makes 2 loaves...8 slices each
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user D281950.