- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 191.1
- Total Fat: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 32.6 mg
- Sodium: 218.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
Parker House Rolls-Bread Machine VersionSubmitted by: DONNATMANN
IntroductionDinner Rollsâ™ Dinner Rollsâ™
3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/2 cup butter, softened, Do Not Use Margarine*
1 large egg (Whisked)
3/4 cup water (120F*)
2 tablespoons water (120F*)â™
1. Directions Add water(120*F), 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt, bread flour, sugar and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
2. Select dough/manual cycle.
3. Meanwhile, put 1/4 cup butter in baking pan.
4. Melt butter over low heat.
5. Tilt pan to grease bottom.
6. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to lightly floured surface.
7. Roll out dough 1/2-inch thick.
8. With floured 2 3/4-inch round cutter, cut dough into circles.
9. Holding dough circle by the edge, dip both sides into melted butter in pan; fold in half using butter knife to create fold.
10. Arrange folded dough in rows in pan, each nearly touching the other.
11. Knead trimmings together; re-roll and cut more rolls.
12. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place about 45 minutes, or until doubled.
13. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 15 to 18 minutes, or until done. Watch carefully.
14. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
15. Brush With additional butter if desired.
16. Makes approximately.
17. 12-18 rolls. â™
18. I've made the mistake of using margarine in this recipe and ended up with flat rolls even after a good raise due to the water content in some margarines. Best Wishes and Enjoy! The original recipe is more than 30 years old and adapted from the Omni Parker House (Boston) recipe.
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DONNATMANN.