Apple Cinnamon Coffee CakeSubmitted by: KEVYKEV408
1 1/2 Cups Splenda + 2 Tbsp.
1 Stick Butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
6 Oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
2 Large Eggs
1 1/5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 Cups Chopped Apples
1/2 cup Splenda
5 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
4 Tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter, Cut Into Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups splenda, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese until well-blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
4. In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup splenda and cinnamon. Mix cinnamon splenda mixture in a large bowl with chopped apples, stirring to coat. Pour apple mixture into cake batter and stir to combine.
5. Pour batter into a 9x9 square pan coated with cooking spray.
6.To make the topping, mix the splenda, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture is coarse and crumbly. Refrigerate till ready to use. Sprinkle over top of cake just before baking.
7. Bake at 350F for 1 hour 10 minutes (check after an hour) or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack before removing and cutting into slices.
Serving Size: 9x9 square dish makes 9 servings
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KEVYKEV408.