Ultimate Loaded NachosSubmitted by: FAYETTESIDRA
IntroductionSimple, Quick, Healthier Alternative! Simple, Quick, Healthier Alternative!
-Shady Brook Farms Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, 4 oz
-Brad's Organic Salsa- Hot, 2 tbsp
-Guiltless Gourmet Chili Verde Tortilla Chips, 1 oz
-Key Food Fiesta Blend Veggies, 0.67 cup
-Kraft Shredded Mozzarella, Fat Free, 0.5 cup (divided)
(I entered the brands that I used for reference. Feel free to substitute according to your liking, but don't forget you'll need to adjust your nutritional info.)
2. Brown ground turkey in a frying pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Season turkey to your desire- I use hot chili pepper.
3. While turkey browns, coat a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the dish with the tortilla chips.
4. Cover the tortilla chips with .25c of the cheese.
5. Mix the salsa and the veggies together.
6. Layer the salsa/veggie mixture over the tortilla chips and cheese.
7. When the turkey is cooked through, layer it on top of the veggies.
8. Layer the remainder of the cheese on top of the turkey.
9. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
Can be used as one big serving, or divided according to your needs. As one serving it is HUGE, but sometimes you just want a big ol' plate of nachos!
Feel free to play with the ingredients. Substitute fat-free cheddar for the fat-free mozzarella. Try using a different flavor of the Guiltless Gourmet tortilla chips. Use a milder salsa. Make 'em without the meat and double the veggies. The possibilities are endless! Have fun with it!
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FAYETTESIDRA.