Grilled Fruit Kabobs
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionYour grill just got more exciting. Try this vitamin-packed dish! Your grill just got more exciting. Try this vitamin-packed dish!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 16 strawberries, washed and hulled
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and mint. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
3. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for about 10 minutes to prevent from scorching. Alternate fruit pieces and thread onto skewers.
4. Brush kebabs with the sugar mixture then place on grill.
5. Grill kebabs for about 6-8 minutes, turning frequently until fruit starts to brown and is heated through.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County