GF Rice Krispy TreatsSubmitted by: HMATTAX
IntroductionThis is the treat we all grew up with but uses gluten free rice krispies--and the nutrition information for that is different. This is the treat we all grew up with but uses gluten free rice krispies--and the nutrition information for that is different.
6 c. gluten free rice krispies
3 Tbs. butter
1 package marshmallows (about 40 large)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
These keep best for about two days, but they never last that long around here! Make sure that you grab the Gluten Free Rice Krispies and not a regular brand or you will be eating barley malt syrup (not good for those of us with gluten reactions).
1. Melt butter in a large pan.
2. Add marshmallows and heat until completely melted
3. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine
4. Add rice krispies and stir to coat evenly
5. Dump mixture into greased pan and press evenly into pan using greased hands (carefully!) or greased waxed paper.
6. Let cool completely, cut with a greased knife, store covered.
Serving Size: makes 16 2"x3" servings