Rice Cooker Sponge CakeSubmitted by: CMYANG
IntroductionGreat recipe but must be done in a rice cooker with a cake setting. This recipe is for a 1.8L model rice cooker. Great recipe but must be done in a rice cooker with a cake setting. This recipe is for a 1.8L model rice cooker.
2 Tbsp. butter + some for greasing pan
1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
6 eggs separated
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
.8 cup all purpose flour, sifted
Can also sift 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder with the all purpose flour to make a chocolate cake.
2. Add butter and milk in small bowl. Place bowl inside larger bowl filled with HOT water to melt the butter.
3. Meanwhile, add egg whites to medium bowl and beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar until whites begin to form soft peaks.
4. Add yolks and vanilla extract to egg white mixture and beat until thick.
5. Add sifted flour to egg mixture. Mix with rubber spatula until smooth and well blended. Gently fold in butter without over mixing.
6. Pour batter into the inner cooking pan and hit the bottom of the pan with the palm of your hand several times to release the air bubbles in the batter. Place the inner cooking pain into the rice cooker and close the lid.
7. Set your rice cooker to CAKE setting and set the timer for 65 minutes. Press COOKING.
8. When baking completes, remove the cake from the inner coking pan and allow to cool.
9. Frost with whipped cream and garnish with desired fruit
Serving Size: Makes 10 slices
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CMYANG.