Apple Walnut CrumbleSubmitted by: OKANOG66
IntroductionThis recipe makes 8 1 cup servings - to reduce calories, serve 1/2 cup servings This recipe makes 8 1 cup servings - to reduce calories, serve 1/2 cup servings
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup melted unsalted butter
4 granny smith apples,and chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
This dessert freezes well - heat in microwave for 3 - 5 minutes depending on your microwave power wattage.
Freezer preparation: Set in fridge till cold. Will slice more evenly. Cut in appropriate size, lay pieces on parchment lined cookie sheet, freeze. When frozen pop in zip lock bag/s.
2. Add the melted butter to the bowl and mix. Add the crumble mixture to the ActiFry.
3. Set the timer to 20 minutes and start the ActiFry. Transfer the finished crumble to a sheet tray.
4. Be careful as the mixture is very hot because of the caramelized sugar. Set aside to cool.
5. In a bowl, combine the diced apples, lemon juice, brown sugar and five-spice powder.
6. Add the apple mixture to the ActiFry, set the timer for 12 minutes and start the ActiFry.
7. After the apples have cooked for 12 minutes, add 1 1/2 cups crumble mixture to the apple mixture.
8. Allow the mixture to cook until warmed through and moist, about 3 additional minutes.
9. Remove from the ActiFry. Serve on its own or with ice cream and a sprig of mint. Use additional crumble for garnish.
Serving Size: 8 1 - cup servings