- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 1,070.5
- Total Fat: 87.6 g
- Cholesterol: 356.6 mg
- Sodium: 1,178.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.0 g
- Protein: 44.4 g
Simply Dressed® Bachelor SaladSubmitted by: SIMPLY_DRESSED
IntroductionSucculent beef tenderloin, crisp iceberg lettuce, creamy Simply Dressed® Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and other savory ingredients make up a meal that satisfies even the biggest appetites. This recipe is from a SparkPeople sponsor.
Succulent beef tenderloin, crisp iceberg lettuce, creamy Simply Dressed® Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and other savory ingredients make up a meal that satisfies even the biggest appetites. This recipe is from a SparkPeople sponsor.
Simply Dressed® Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
2 6 to 8 oz. beef tenderloin filets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 firm head iceberg lettuce
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
4 pieces cooked applewood smoked bacon, crumbled
4 radishes, sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup balsamic glaze (see below)
Balsamic Glaze Ingredients:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2. Preheat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and sear beef on each side for 3 to 4 minutes each.
3. Place skillet in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is cooked to desired temperature. Allow meat to rest for 6 to 8 minutes before serving.
4. Cut iceberg lettuce in half and trim to make two large wedges. Spoon Simply Dressed® Blue Cheese Salad Dressing over each wedge of lettuce.
5. Top with eggs, tomatoes, bacon, radishes, and avocado.
6. Place meat on same plates as salad and drizzle with Balsamic Glaze. Top with blue cheese. Serve.
1. Combine vinegar and sugar together in a small saucepan over low heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
2. Carefully watch to make sure this does not burn. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to several weeks.
Makes 2 servings.
Tips: Need to cut back on calories? Try Simply Dressed & Light Blue Cheese.