Crepe - PlainSubmitted by: AMONTALV
IntroductionPlain lowfat plain crepe that can be filled with sweet or savory fillings! Mmmm good! Plain lowfat plain crepe that can be filled with sweet or savory fillings! Mmmm good!
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups 2% Milk
1 large egg
1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2. Store in refrigerator for at least an hour (crepes taste better after the mix has sat for a little while)
3. Spray medium frying pan with nonstick spray.
4. Over medium high heat, pour approximately 1/3 cup of mix into pan and swirl to cover bottom of pan. (Works best with a specialized crepe pan and spatula.)
5. Cook for about a minute until underside is slightly browned and flip.
6. Repeat step 5 on reverse side.
7. Remove from heat and fill with desired filling. (Can work with savory items or sweet, e.g. ham and cheese, banana and light syrup and whipping cream, etc.)
8. Makes 5-6 crepes.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AMONTALV.