Baked Tofu BitesSubmitted by: ATOM.IC
* Tofu, extra firm, 1 block (remove)
* Soy sauce (shoyu), low sodium, .25 cup (remove)
* Maple Syrup, 1 tbsp (remove)
* *Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar, 1 tbsp (remove)
* *Ketchup, Heinz, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Hot Pepper Sauce, 1 tsp (remove)
* *Sesame Seeds, 1 tbsp (remove)
* Garlic powder, .25 tsp (remove)
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp (remove)
2. Slice tofu into 1/2-inch slices, and gently press excess water out of tofu. Cut sliced tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, and hot sauce. Stir in sesame seeds, garlic powder, black pepper, and liquid smoke. Gently stir tofu cubes into sauce. Cover, and marinate at least 5 minutes.
4. Place the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn tofu, and bake until the tofu turns golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ATOM.IC.