- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 206.7
- Total Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 56.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,048.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 25.9 g
Slow Roasted Pork Loin (Crockpot)Submitted by: JENNKJOHNS
IntroductionTender pork that's easy to make Tender pork that's easy to make
1 Pork Loin (about 1.5 pounds)
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup white wine
1 large onion
4 cloves garlic
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
2 tablespoons corn starch
2. Chop or crush garlic and place in crockpot.
3. Add chicken stock and wine to crockpot.
4. Season pork loin with salt and pepper. Add to crockpot.
5. Set crockpot according to specific pot directions. Let slow cook for at least 6 hours.
6. Remove meat from crockpot. Pour liquids into a saucepan and bring up to a boil.
7. Mix corn starch with 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup warm water. Add to boiling stock. Stir until thickened.
Serving Suggestions: I serve the pork loin with mashed potatoes or rice. You can also add mushrooms, carrots, or other veggies to the crockpot to cook with the meat all day.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNKJOHNS.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
While this recipe was good, This really is not roasted. It is more boiled because of all the liquid. I even left out 1 cup of broth and it was still almost all the way covered with liquid. With this type of cooking the meat was very dry unless you put a lot of gravy on it. Our expectations were - 2/3/13