Hot Pumpkin BreakfastSubmitted by: PESCADORIAN
IntroductionA hot cereal replacement with unique flavor. Moderately Low carb, high protein A hot cereal replacement with unique flavor. Moderately Low carb, high protein
• 1/2 C ricotta cheese
• 1 egg
• 1/4 C pumpkin puree'
• Pinch salt
• Sweetener and flavorings to taste
• 2 T flax seed meal (optional)
This cooks on the stove in a non-stick skillet.
1) Mix up the ricotta with water to thin it out - quite thin if you want to add flax seed meal, which thickens it a lot.
2) Add an egg and beat well (use a whisk) - you don't want a lot of strings of egg white.
3) Add the pumpkin and salt.
4) Sweeten to taste and add cinnamon and nutmeg or whatever. (Try Torani's Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup.)
5) Stir while heating on medium heat. When it goes "grainy", that's the egg cooking. Stir in the flax seed meal at this point.
Serving Size: 1 regular serving
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PESCADORIAN.