- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 308.8
- Total Fat: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 2,550.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 38.4 g
Fish Pie topped with alternative mash (South Beach Phase One! 300 cals per dinner serving))Submitted by: LASTFIRSTDAY
IntroductionA creamy, cheesed top fishy pie with veggies. Phase one friendly. A creamy, cheesed top fishy pie with veggies. Phase one friendly.
- 200g Fish mix (I used Tesco frozen fish mix which came with haddock, salmon and smoked white fish..nom nom!)
- 100g Fat free Greek style youghurt
- 100g Leeks chooped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 200g Broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 tsp low fat butter (I used Utterly Butterly)
- 2 tsp Garlic paste or just chopped garlic (or more if you like)
- Dash or two of lowest fat milk
- Salt/Pepper and Herbs of your choosing for flavour.
Low carb. I really enjoyed this guilt free pie and it helps me to keep my fish intake up. You won't miss the mash on top and you can always do it without cheese if you want to be extra healthy.
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Chop all ingredients to bite size pieces, my fish mix came pre cut and ready to cook (you can usually get this at your local store or fishmongers).
3. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a large pan of water and boil.
4. In a non-stick saucepan fry leeks, onion and garlic until they have a nice coat.
5. In a large casserole dish add the fish, leek and onion mixture, salt, pepper, natural yoghurt, herbs (parsley would be nice, I just used mixed herb) and a few dashes of milk. Combine ingredients together well.
6. Bake dish in oven for 15 minuets. Mean while check broc/cauli is cooked well. Remove water from pan then mash the mixture with one tea spoon of low fat spread.
7. Take dish out of oven and spread the broc/cauli on top like mashed potato. Sprinkle with low fat cheese and return to oven for 10 mins.
8. Take out, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: Make 2 full dinner servings or 4 small lunch servings
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LASTFIRSTDAY.