- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 103.5
- Total Fat: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 172.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSubmitted by: DOODLELOVE
IntroductionDelicious, rich, thick and creamy soup without any cream! Make a batch and freeze most of it, it's like "money in the bank!" Delicious, rich, thick and creamy soup without any cream! Make a batch and freeze most of it, it's like "money in the bank!"
8 c. butternut squash (about 4 lb), peeled and chopped in 1" pieces
4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
4 tomatoes, cored and chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 qt low sodium chicken stock
1 T. EVOO
1 T. honey
1/2 t. cinamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. allspice
salt and pepper to taste
To serve, reheat desired amount in a saucepan on the stove top or microwave. Garnish, if desired, with chopped chives or scallions, croutons or crumbled blue cheese for a real treat! Nutrition info does not include garnish.
2. Spray large roasting pan with cooking spray and drizzle with EVOO
3. Add chopped squash, pears, tomatoes and onions to pan.
4. Add garlic, spices and stock and toss to combine.
5. Drizzle with honey.
6. Bake until veggies are tender, at least 1 1/2 hours, stirring once or twice.
7. Carefully puree mixture until no lumps remain in the baking pan using an immersion blender. Alternately, place small batches in blender and blend, taking care to leave lid ajar so the hot mixture does not splatter. Add additional broth or water if the soup is too thick.
Serving Size: Makes at least 16 1-cup servings
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DOODLELOVE.