BoxtySubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionPotato pancakes for St. Patrick's Day. Potato pancakes for St. Patrick's Day.
3 lbs Russet or other baking Potato
0.5 tsp Salt
0.5 Cup Scallions (Green Onions), diced
0.5 tsp Pepper
1 Lg Egg
2 Tbsp Whipping Cream
6 Tbsp Oil
If you wish, you can add caraway seeds to the potato mix.
Adjust seasoning to your preferences.
2. Fill a pot large enough to hold the diced potatoes with just enough water to cover and bring to a gentle boil.
3. Add salt and cook until just tender and then mash.
4. Shred the remaining 1.5 lbs of potatoes.
5. Squeeze out the excess water.
6. Combine the mashed and shredded potatoes in a large bowl.
7. Add the Green Onions, Pepper, Whipping Cream and beaten Egg.
8. Mix well and form into 12 patties.
9. Using a large frying pan, add half of the oil and heat until hot enough to fry patties. When brown on one side, flip to brown other side.
10. Drain on paper towels.
11. Add remaining oil and cook remaining Potato Patties.
12. Serve while hot.
Serving Size: 12 Pancakes/2 per serving
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.