- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 293.5
- Total Fat: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 54.3 mg
- Sodium: 798.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.0 g
- Protein: 31.6 g
Easy, Tasty, Healthy Chicken Parmesan with Angel HairSubmitted by: FAYETTESIDRA
IntroductionGuilt-free and delicious! Guilt-free and delicious!
3oz- Lean Chicken Breast, no skin, thinly sliced (Like Perdue Fit & Easy)
8oz-Tofu Shirataki, Angel Hair-Shape
.25c- Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella
.25c- Ian's Panko Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
.5c- Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti Sauce with Mushrooms (heated)
1. Place .25c of Whole Wheat Panko Breadcrumbs in a Ziploc baggie. Add preferred seasonings (I recommend Italian Mrs. Dash Seasoning). Seal bag, removing all air and using a rolling pin, crush the breadcrumbs. Once you reach your desired consistency, pour the breadcrumbs evenly onto a plate.
2. Coat both sides of the chicken breast in the breadcrumb/seasoning mixture. If desired, you can first dip the chicken in an egg or milk, but this adds extra calories and isn't necessary to get the breadcrumbs to stick.
3. Lightly spray the chicken with olive-oil flavored cooking spray, if desired. You can also drizzle olive oil over the chicken, but again, this will add additional calories. Also use the nonstick spray on your pan.
4. Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
5. Spread 1 Tablespoon of sauce on the chicken and sprinkle with the fat-free mozzarella cheese (as much or as little of it as you prefer). Return to oven until the cheese melts.
To Prepare the Tofu Shirataki:
1. While the chicken is baking, open the tofu shirataki and drain out the liquid.
2. Place the tofu shirataki in a colander and rinse VERY WELL under running water. (I rinse mine for a good 5 minutes to remove that lime juice!).
3.. Place the tofu shirataki on a plate and pat dry with a clean, lint-free towel or paper towels.
4. Microwave for one minute.
5. Remove from microwave and pat dry again- the drier you can get it the better!
6. Return to microwave for an additional minute.
7. Serve with remainder of sauce and any leftover shredded cheese.
You can vary the ingredients according to your liking, but remember to adjust the calories. Homemade sauce is a great substitute and feel free to use whole-wheat pasta instead of the tofu shirataki!
If you have never heard of Tofu Shirataki it's a great pasta alternative. Google it!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FAYETTESIDRA.