- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 335.5
- Total Fat: 13.8 g
- Cholesterol: 45.2 mg
- Sodium: 337.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 19.4 g
Margherita Pizza (Jim Lehey )Submitted by: CAZLINR
IntroductionThe dough needs to be made at least 18 hours ahead of time and allowed to re-rise for 2-3 more hours. The dough needs to be made at least 18 hours ahead of time and allowed to re-rise for 2-3 more hours.
125 g flour
70 grams (1/4 c) tomato sauce
200 gm (7 oz) fresh mozzarella, pulled into 10-12 clumps
10 grams (3 T) finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Pinch of sea salt
6 Basil leaves (or to taste)
500 grams all purpose flour (+more for shaping) (3.75 cups)
1 gram active dry yeast(1/4 t)
16 grams fine sea salt (2t)
1. In med bowl, thoroughly blend flour, yeast and salt. Add water and mix thoroughly.
2. Cover the bowl and allow to rise for 18 hours or until it has more than doubled depending on room temperature.
3. Flour work surface and divide dough in 4 equal part and shape them by pulling one side and pulling it to center, then next then top then bottom. Shape each portion into a mound and turn seam side down. Mold into circular mound. Not sticky though-add flour if necessary.
4. To save for 3 days- wrap each in plastic and refrigerate. To use, return to room temp covered in a damp cloth for 2-3 hours before needed.
350 grams (1.5 cups) water
PREHEATING THE OVEN
1. With electric ovens that turn off at 500, place the stone on a rack about 4" from the top heating element and preheat on rack at 500 for 30 minutes. Then open the oven door a few inches and leave it ajar for about 30 seconds. Close the oven door and switch to broil for 10 minutes.
2. With the dough on the peel, spoon tomato sauce on pizza and spread evenly, leaving about an inch of the rim untouched. Distribute mozzarella evenly over the pie. NOT THE PARMESAN, SALT OR BASIL yet.
3/ With quick jerking motions, slide the pie onto the stone. Broil for 5-6 minutes until top is bubbling and crust is nicely charred but not burnt.
4. Using the peel, transfer the pizza to a platter. Sprinkle the Parmesan and salt evenly over the pizza and distribute the basil on top.
2. Broil for 5.5 - 6 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 pizza
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CAZLINR.