- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 254.5
- Total Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 19.8 mg
- Sodium: 358.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 23.7 g
Italian Christmas Eve Tuna PastaSubmitted by: GABRIELLE8812
IntroductionOur family tradition... but a healthy option any day of the year! Our family tradition... but a healthy option any day of the year!
- 1 big green pepper (yellowâ€™s yummy too!)
- 1 big can crushed tomatoes
- dried basil
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 package whole wheat pasta
- olive oil (or lower fat alternative)
- Add garlic.
- Transfer to lidded pot and add crushed tomatoes.
- Season with dried basil.
- Bring to a simmer with lid on.
- Drain and rinse tuna, then add to sauce and stir well.
- Let thicken with lid off, then serve over whole wheat pasta.
Makes 4 large servings, or 5 smaller portions.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GABRIELLE8812.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I threw this together in a hurry using stuff I'd scraped from the bottom of my cupboards... threw in some frozen broccoli and used brown rice pasta. The result is something like a healthy version of mostaccioli or a very chunky marinara. Very yummy--thanks for saving me! I will make this again! - 7/21/09