- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 312.4
- Total Fat: 18.7 g
- Cholesterol: 62.9 mg
- Sodium: 514.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 10.7 g
Jamaican Ground Turkey PattiesSubmitted by: BEFITWALKING
IntroductionTasty patties that are quick and easy to make.
312.4 calories, 23.4 carbs. per pattie. Tasty patties that are quick and easy to make.
312.4 calories, 23.4 carbs. per pattie.
5 teaspoons Curry Powder
1.25 lbs. (or 20oz.) Ground Turkey
3 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 cup chopped Onions
3 teaspoons Dried Thyme
1 cup Medium Salsa
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 box Rolled Pie Crust (2 rolls)
1. Use parchment paper for rolling the dough.
2. Sprinkle a little flour on dough, so that the dough does not stick to the rolling pin.
2. Saute onion until soft and translucent.
3. Stir in ground turkey with all dry seasonings.
4. Cook until ground turkey is evenly brown.
5. Stir in salsa.
6. Simmer until liquid is absorbed and remove from heat.
7. Flatten pie crust with rolling pin to at least a 12" circle.
8. Use a 5" bowl to make circles in the pie crust. You should be able to make 3 circles. Roll out dough again to make 2 more circles. (Repeat for other pie crust roll)
9. Spoon equal amounts of filling into one half of each pastry circle.
10. Fold over pie crust and press edges together, making a half circle. Use a fork to seal the edges.
11. Bake for 30 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown.
Serving Size: Makes 10 patties