- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 279.3
- Total Fat: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 41.8 mg
- Sodium: 928.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 35.8 g
Creamy Greek Veggie Bake (WW)Submitted by: RLINCO
IntroductionFrom "Weight Watcher's Magazine" April 2012 From "Weight Watcher's Magazine" April 2012
2 tsp olive oil
1 (8 oz) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 (12 oz) frozen meatless crumbles
1 (14 oz) can fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes
1/2 c. vegetable broth
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1 lg. eggplant
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1-3/4 nonfat milk
1 large egg
1/3 c. grated Parmesan
2. Add meatless crumbles and cook, stirring, until browned (5 min).
3. Add tomatoes, broth, cinnamon, allspice, and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirrring, until slicghtly thickened (15 min). Remove from skillet.
4. Meanwhile, spray 9x13" baking dish with nonstick spray. Spray broiler rack with spray; preheat broiler.
5. Place eggplant, sliced 1/2" thick, in one layer on broiler rack; spray with nonstick spray. Broil 5" from heat until lightly browned (5 min per side). Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees F.
6. To make sauce, whisk flour and milk in small saucepan until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens (2 min). Remove pan from heat.
7. Beat egg in small bowl; whisk in 1/2 c. hot milk mixture. Add egg mix to saucpan and whisk to combine. Whisk in cheese.
8. Place 1/2 of eggplant in one layer in baking dish; cover evenly with meatless crumbles/veggie filling. Top with remaining eggplant and sauce. Bake until center is hot when tested with knife and edges are bubbly (30 min). Cool 15 min before serving.
Serving Size: 6
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RLINCO.