Mixed Vegetable, Tomato based Soup / WHATEVER, MY WAY!
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 321.3
- Total Fat: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 451.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 14.0 g
- Protein: 15.6 g
IntroductionI like it this way. That is it!
The sprouts and peanuts make it a VERY filling meal that lasts long; really long! ;-) I like it this way. That is it!
The sprouts and peanuts make it a VERY filling meal that lasts long; really long! ;-)
1. Cabbage, fresh, 200 grams
2. Beets, fresh, 200 grams
3. Carrots, raw, 200 grams
4. Onions, raw, 100 grams
5. Ginger Root, 50 grams
6. Garlic, 50 grams
7. Water, tap, 250 mL
8. Turmeric, ground, 1 tbsp
9. Mung beans, mature seeds, sprouted, cooked, boiled, 2 cup
10. Red Ripe Tomatoes, 500 grams
11. Mushrooms, fresh, 200 grams
12. Pepper, black, 3 tbsp
13. Bean sprouts, 2 cup
14. Peanuts, boiled, 1 cup, shelled.
**15. I could not find Cauliflower in the database. Add 250 grammes of that as well.
*** The peanuts that I add are the highest calorie provider in this recipe. Decide for yourself.***
1. I use fresh turmeric root. I grate it over the ingredients. It gives it a unique flavour; quite unlike the ground variety.
2. You may sauté your mushroom and then sprinkle them over the prepared soup/whatever you may call this!
3. If you like it and are the only one having it, freeze your portions in separate bowls. You shall have to thaw only one when you need it.
4. I have a large One-Time appetite. The serving size could be 6 if you want it to be and have smaller, more frequent portions!
5. I like to keep my cauliflower florets and mushrooms whole!
Just like Mrs "I can make it at home for nothing!" in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodness_Gracious_Me_%28BBC%29, I cannot do anything without Mushrooms! :-D
2. Chop everything.
3. Add in a pan with water. Cover and boil.
4. Once the water comes to a boil, add all the ingredients, reduce heat and cook for 5-7 minutes.
5. I like the raw crunch, that is why the low cooking time. If you want, you may boil it for longer!
6. Serve and preserve!
Serving Size: 4 RATHER large bowls.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RA7388.