Peach Phyllo cupsSubmitted by: LAURIEBAX
1. Prepare the phyllo cups: Thaw the 6 sheets of phyllo dough according to the package directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. In a small microwave-safe cup, melt the butter in the microwave oven for about 30 seconds.
2. Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on your work surface and brush it with melted butter. Sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar. Lay another sheet on top and butter and sugar it. Repeat with a third sheet. Sprinkle the sheet with cinnamon sugar. Cut the stacked phyllo into 4 approximately 6-inch squares. Fold the points of each square almost into the center of the "square" and butter the tops. (Don't be concerned if the square is a little uneven.) Butter, sugar, and stack the remaining 3 phyllo sheets in the same manner. Cut and fold as directed.
3. Tuck each square (the side with the edge points of the phyllo up) into a half-cup muffin tin or ramekin, making sure to gently press down the edges so you have a flat bottom to the cup. Shape the edges prettily.
4. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake the phyllo cups until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and the phyllo cups from the pan to a rack to cool.
5. While the phyllo cups bake, prepare the filling: Peel the 3 or 4 fresh peaches, if using, and thinly slice into a bowl. Sprinkle peaches with the lemon juice, and stir in the 2 tablespoons sugar.
6. When ready to serve, place 1 phyllo cup on each plate. Scoop a little of the ice cream into each cup and top with some of the sugared peaches. Allow the cup and the peaches to fall onto the plate. Serve at once.
Serving Size: 8
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAURIEBAX.